Our school is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and committed person to join our team as an Educational/Child Psychologist(PO-CAO). The starting date for the contract is 22 August 2022.
Working at International Primary School Almere entails joining a team who shares the following mission and vision:
We inspire a passion for learning and empower children to develop to their full potential. We create an enjoyable and motivating environment where everyone is able to learn. We share practices, learn from each other, have clear communication and high expectations. We believe that International Mindedness is central to our school. We celebrate this by learning about, respecting and understanding a broad variety of cultures. This is achieved through the guidance of teachers who are equipped with cultural knowledge and sensitivity. Our school community is passionate about learning and developing students’ talents.
As of August 2023 our school will form one school together with our secondary counterpart and operate as International School Almere.
As our colleague, you have a passion for supporting learners and teachers in their development. You will use your experience and skills to observe, assess and set up, manage and maintain provisions for learners with individual needs, both in class and if needed in an individual setting.
In your role you provide for further development of all Learning Support in the school. You support learners in school by carrying out specialized observations and assessments when needed. The follow-up includes advising and coaching involved colleagues. If and when necessary, plan and implement further steps that include external parties.
If you are currently working in a Dutch school as 'Intern Begeleider' and hold the above stated qualification, we welcome your application as well.
Our candidate has:
- A commitment to our school’s vision and mission
- A thorough knowledge of English and Dutch ( Level C1/C2 level)
- Broad experience and theoretical knowledge of general child and educational development and the know-how of applicable current laws and regulations of primary education in the Netherlands (more specifically about learning support, Zorgplicht & Passend Onderwijs).
- Strong coaching and collaboration skills applied in contact with all colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including parents, all teachers and teaching assistants, external expertise center-Passend Onderwijs and other external parties.
- Oversees and optimizes all the Learning Support offered
- Consultency role towards school leadership regarding learing support matters, external partnerships & Passend Onderwijs
- Maintaining Learning Support records
- Advise in admission process
- Participates and contributes in applicable external meetings to enhance the (external) support network for IPS
Applications can be submitted by email until 24 June 2022. IPS Almere reserves the right to interview candidates before the closing date.
Please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae with references to: Erin Wilson, Head of School: email@example.com
International Primary School Almere is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the learners in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, criminal record checks, and successful references.